Course Fee: $300.00
25250 W. Eight Mile Rd. Southfield, MI 48033
Saturday, January 22, 2022 and Sunday, January 23, 2022
0800-1600 both days
*Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive 16 hours of CAPCE continuing education credit.
** Please dress accordingly. Students are expected to actively participate in these exercises to receive credit.
The Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) course teaches EMS practitioners and other healthcare providers how to respond and care for patients in a civilian tactical environment.
This course presents the three phases of tactical care:
- Hot Zone/Direct Threat Care that is rendered while under attack or in adverse conditions
- Warm Zone/Indirect Threat Care that is rendered while the threat has been suppressed but may resurface
- Cold Zone/Evacuation Care that is rendered while the casualty is being evacuated from the incident
This 16 hour course includes patient simulations and covers the following topics:
- Hemorrhage control including tourniquet application
- Complete coverage of the MARCH assessment
- Surgical airway control and needle decompression
- Strategies for treating wounded responders in threatening environments
- Caring for pediatric patients
- Techniques for dragging/carrying victims to safety
- A simulated mass-casualty/active shooter event simulation